I got a new job at work. It’s fun. But it is taking up more time, so my shows are backlogged. I’ll catch up soon. Or I won’t and the blog will become something else. Until then, enjoy the Morning Mixtapes and Snapshots.
“The Big Bang Theory” | Season 8, Episode 9: “The Septum Deviation”
| Date: Nov. 13, 2014
- I like “The Big Bang Theory” when Sheldon’s (Jim Parsons) quirks are revealed to be basically childish desires not to lose someone he loves or to be hurt.
- I don’t like show when it resorts to dull banter about people being married getting on one another’s nerves as it did this week with Howard (Simon Helberg) and Bernadette (Melissa Rauch).
- I’m starting to think less is more when it comes to Penny (Kaley Cuoco).
- I know less is more when it comes to Raj (Kunal Nayyar).
- But Amy (Mayim Bialik) is finally starting grow on me.
“Black-ish” | Season 1, Episode 7: “The Gift of Hunger” | Date: Nov. 12, 2014
- “Black-ish” is proof that not all child actors are created equal, but young Marsai Martin is perhaps the best of the lot in the role of exasperated, highly expressive and sharply funny 6-year-old Diane.
“The Flash” | Season 1, Episode 5: “Plastique” | Date: Nov. 11, 2014
- I say this every week, but it bares repeating: “The Flash” is the most fun you can have with superheroes on television.