“The Flash” | Season 1, Episode 3: “Things You Can’t Outrun” | Date: Oct. 21, 2014
- Gosh, I love watching “The Flash.”
- It feels like curling up in bed with a fresh stack of comic books and a bottle of pop after a trip in town to Montross Pharmacy with my dad on a Saturday afternoon.
- The show is rich with do-gooder earnestness and light on the dark, gritty gloom that permeates so much of pop culture and especially the superhero genre.
- “Things You Can’t Outrun” was a touch sappy with a few too many dead mom and dead fiance warm fuzzies and I’d like to see the Flash expand his powers — how about vibrating through walls or, in the case of the mist monster this week, a little swirling arm action.
- But every comic book has a few subplots to keep us interested in the next issue and “The Flash” series definitely leaves me hungry for more.