“The Big Bang Theory” | Season 8, Episode 11: “The Clean Room Infiltration”
| Date: Dec. 11. 2014
- I’ve been lukewarm to the last couple episodes of “The Big Bang Theory” and I think I’ve finally figured out why.
- I once found these characters to be charming reflections of pop culture-obsessed people.
- I tolerated the fumbling relationship between the nerd (Johnny Galecki) and the beauty (Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting) because there was the occasional “Doctor Who” reference.
- But now “TBBT” is a standard relationship comedy, which doesn’t interest me in the least.
- The characters have evolved, albeit slowly, from people I enjoyed hanging out with for a half hour each week to people I would actively avoid and I may just do that with the series as a whole.