Moderately Interesting Morning Fact Aug. 19, 2012: Groucho Memorial Edition
Actor and comedian Groucho Marx died on this day in 1977.
5 Best Groucho Marx One-Liners
5. Here’s to our wives and girlfriends… may they never meet!
4. When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, “Damn, that was fun.”
3. I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.
2. I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it.
1. In a letter to the Friar’s Club of Beverly Hills: “PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON’T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER.”