Season 5, Episode 3: “Hazard Pay”
5. What a magnificent bastard Walt (Bryan Cranston) has become.
4. He sits next to the little boy he poisoned in Season 4 in order to manipulate Jessie (Aaron Paul) and looks at him like a scientific curiosity rather than a child he nearly killed.
3. He twists Skylar’s (Anna Gunn) breakdown into an elegant lie as Marie (Betsy Brandt) tries to pry truth out of a man who doesn’t have any left in him.
2. Finally, Skylar awakens to see Walt and their son watching “Scarface” and the pair pleading, “Join us.”
1. Season 5 has the feeling of fingers tightening around a throat, slowly squeezing the last bits of life out of someone, but it’s unclear if it is Walter or everyone else who is being choked out.