Season 1, Episode 12: “Afterbirth”
5. “American Horror Story” is the most wonderfully twisted family show ever: The season began with the Harmons, a broken family trying to heal, and ended with every member of the family dead and loving it.
4. Hayden (Kate Mara) murders her ex-lover Ben (Dylan McDermott) as he tries to escape Murder House with his newborn son, who, of course, is the Antichrist.
3. Ben reunites with dead wife Vivien (Jessica Lange) and dead daughter Violet (Taissa Farmiga) and the trio team up with old maid Moria (Frances Conroy) to scare a new family out of the house before the ghosts, including Kurt Cobain wanna-be Tate (Evan Peters), can kill them.
2. Vivien finds her stillborn child in the care of ghost Nora (Lily Rabe), the wife of the abortionist/Dr. Frankenstein Dr. Montgomery (Matt Ross) who built the house and delivered the Vivien’s twins at the cost of two-thirds of their lives, and reclaims the kid in time for the dead Harmons to settle down with Moria for a Christmas tree decorating party.
1. Constance (Jessica Lange) steals the Antichrist child to raise him and three years later the little bugger is murdering babysitters while his foster mom is out for a hair appointment and viewers, especially the General, yearn for more.
Somebody get Jessica Lange an Emmy. She owns her role as amoral weirdo Constance in "American Horror Story."