Eve Myles plays Gwen Cooper, the only character worth a damn in Torchwood: Miracle Day.
5. To justify being on a premium cable TV movie network, “Torchwood: Miracle Day” producers include two unnecessary sex scenes — one gay, one straight — neither of which are very sexy nor do they advance the plot in any way.
4. Great Gwen Cooper moment: Capt. Jack drunk dials Gwen, who puts him off to talk with her hubby and baby girl.
3. In a subtle metaphor, an evil drug company PR flack enlists a murderous pedophile demagogue in an effort to boost profits thought it may well doom the entire race.
2. Rex continues to be an annoying jerk when he leaves in a tantrum, then comes back and berates the increasingly useless Ester for being, well, useless.
1. Three episodes in, “Torchwood” is starting to drag and despite Eve Myles giving everything she’s got to Gwen, none of the characters are particularly likable and the plot plods along so incrementally it’s starting to feel as if Russell T. Davies has no plan.
Oh, no! Trouble ahead for Gwen. They'd better not kill the only character worth a damn.